Sunday, March 11, 2007

Movin on Up (movin on up) to the South Side

OK, if anyone is even paying attention to my sorry excuse for a blog, I'm on the move. My cousin Bo, from Rockford, is moving to the area, and we finally agreed to rent a two-bedroom, 1.5 bath condo in Savoy, IL, or as I keep typing into my computer, Savory. I don't know why that "r" keeps slipping in there, but something is amiss in my mind when I try to type Savory (honestly, I just typed in the "r" again by accident, so I thought I'd leave it as is to illustrate what a terrible disconnect is occurring between my mind and my fingers). Single ladies, I assure you, that my fingers are generally quite magical (or shall I say, savory). OK, sorry for that, but everyone who knows me is LTAO right now. (And Jess, if you're there, don't dare forget what a badass indexer I am.)

OK, I'm obviously in quite a randy mood right now, especially because I have never used that word (randy) in my entire life, and words are begotten of reality. I apologize for that break from your regularly scheduled Benjamin.

So anyway, I'm moving, and while I won't provide the address here for fear that some random young lady will fall prey to my promise of magical fingers and show up at my door unannounced, if you would like to know my address for any reason, I'll be glad to provide it after a thorough six-step screening process.

I'm excited about the new place though. It's a townhouse setup. It's got a dishwasher, washer and dryer, garage, fireplace, and it's right on a bus line that runs near to my workplace. Furthermore, I will have space to entertain. No more six-person limits on my parties. Clear out the furniture, and we could have a full-on game of Red Rover or Steal the Bacon. Too bad 95% of the people who read this blog don't live here, because you'd all be invited to my housewarming party.

Well, I guess that's the news. For those who took an interest in my Polar Plunge event, it happened yesterday. After my ever-so-emotional appeal for my friends and family to keep me out of the water, you responded, raising $303 in my name, allowing me to eek out a non-wet position for the Polar Plunge event. However, peer pressure ensued as 8 of the 9 other people involved were jumping into the water. So despite your valiant efforts to keep me dry, I went in anyway. Considering there was still ice on the lake and they had to chop out a place for us to go in, it wasn't so bad. It would have been worse had we been required to stay in for any amount of time. It definitely took your breath away, but when you run in and out real quick, it doesn't lower your body temperature. I showed up with a towel, a blanket, and a coat to the Plunge, because I was shaking uncontrollably for an hour after getting out of the Irish Sea, but when I went in the sea, I stayed in there for like 30 minutes. So this was pretty tame in comparison, even though the water was colder.

Take care all. Hopefully you haven't totally given up on reading this blog. I'll really have to come up with a few gems to make up for my blog hiatus.

4 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I laughed out loud for at least 10 minutes at this blog! Ah, just like the old days...laughing out loud with Ben. Anyway, send me your new address sometime, assuming I pass the six-step process.

Matt said...

I think the post was your masterpiece...your Hamlet, your Mona Lisa...I will savor this for quite sometime.

Unknown said...

Glad you guys liked it. Funny thing is, I had no intentions of writing a humorous blog, but it just kinda flowed. Story of my life, I suppose: I'm most hilarious when I don't intend to be.

Not sure I want to provide my address, though, assuming you guys found my little treat when you unpacked. I guess there's no way around it.

Michelle said...

AAHAHAHA!! I nearly peed myself reading your "Savory" blog. LOL. The best writings come when you least expect it, so kudos to you on making this most recent entry worth the anticipated wait.

I'm a horrible friend - I still have the email to donate money for the Polar Plunge, but I'm glad my slack response didn't make a difference. So sorry...

Cool news on your new pad. I'm hoping my brother moves here so I can mooch off of his engineering salary to get a place with a diswasher and conveniences post-dating the 1920's.

Can't wait for the next Ben update!